Timothy Edison, M.D.
Dr. Edison is a Board Certified Gastroenterologist who specializes in the medical management of diseases and disorders of the digestive system. He brings nearly 30 years of expertise to Surgical Associates. Dr. Edison is an interventional gastroenterologist who performs ERCP’s, endoscopic ultrasounds, colonoscopies and other procedures.
He is a member of the American Gastroenterology Association and the American College of Gastroenterology. In addition, Dr. Edison has been recognized with the prestigious Magnet Recognition, for Outstanding Professionalism and Collegiality with patients.
Dr. Edison believes that taking the time to carefully listen to his patients before starting any kind of testing will lead the patient to a high-quality care experience and better outcome. He practices evidence-based medicine first and foremost, and knows from experience that treatment plans must be tailored to individual patients according to their needs and perspectives in order to be successful.
In his free time, Dr. Edison enjoys long-distance running, biking, kayaking, singing, hiking and theater.
Education & Training
University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School, Chicago IL 1987
Loyola University Medical Center – Internal Medicine, Chicago IL
Licensure & Certifications
- License, Medicine and Surgery, State of Wisconsin
- Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology
Hospital Associations & Positions
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center- Neenah, Neenah, WI
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center – Appleton, Appleton, WI
- ThedaCare Medical Center – New London, New London, WI
Awards & Honors
- Magnet Doctor, Awarded for Outstanding Professionalism and Collegiality (2006)
Associations, Memberships & Organizations
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology